Professionals retiring, selling or merging their businesses retain liability for errors and omissions made during their careers.
For this reason, Professional Indemnity Run-off cover is all about peace of mind, particularly for those retiring; that's why our key differentiator is the length of our cover: we offer cover for any period from 1 - 6 years under a single policy. This gives brokers the full commission payment upfront, and for policy holders, it means the hassle of annual renewal is eliminated, plus the premium will not rise in the event of a claim.
Our policies are underwritten by PI specialists, and their expertise ensures our prices are competitive. In addition, because PI and PI run-off can be generic products, we look to add value where we can, for example, our excesses can be as low as £500.
And you'll find us easy to do business with: our policy is available regardless of who is the expiring Professional Indemnity insurer; we can even provide cover part-way through the run-off period by quoting for the remaining run-off period.
Small businesses and sole-traders charging fees of up to £500K (firms with higher fees can be considered), who carried out the majority of their business in the UK. Claims must be closed and under £25K in the past 3 years.
- Accountants (where under 45% of their work relates to tax)
- Architects & Engineers (working on contracts where the total value is under £5M)
- Management consultants
- Surveyors (except valuation specialists)
- And an extensive range of miscellaneous professions
We cannot cover:
- Insurance brokers
- Process engineers
- Accountants with any FS exposure or involvement in tax mitigation schemes
- Construction professionals involved in: cladding, piling, curtain walling, basements or swimming pools
- Up to 6 years ‘block’ run off cover ie cover is provided via single policy paid upfront
- Indemnity limits from £100k to £2m